Report all outages and emergencies by calling 1-800-472-2983.
Power outages can occur anytime of the day or night, in any kind of weather.
When your electricity goes off, check fuses and breakers at the meter pole and service entrance. Call neighbors to see if they have power. Then call BDEC at 1.800.472.2983 or 701.939.6671 and follow these steps:
- Press 1 to report your outage. A dispatcher will answer if available, and you can report your outage to him or her.
- If all the dispatchers are busy assisting other callers, an automated outage system will assist you.
- Press 1 to report an outage using your phone number.
- Press 2 to report the outage by meter number.
- Press 3 to report downed lines or poles or if you have critical information about the cause of an outage.
- Once you have completely answered the questions, you will receive a message confirming that your outage has been reported and that line crews have been or will be dispatched.
- If you experience difficulties with the automated service, press 0 at any time for assistance.
Someone is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to take your call!